22 May 2009

Preperations

While riding around this afternoon, I pondered things that needed to be done in preparation for racing next year for Drexel. Many different things came to mind including hill climbing, sprinting and learning to ride in a pack. These things are standard. Items that will help me to win a race.

But upon further thinking, while almost getting hit by a trash truck, I decided that winning the race wasn't the most important thing. There are things that are more important. Things, that while adventuring in to racing, I discovered about the ECCC. My goal for next year is to make in to the ECCC Survey results.

Yes, the survey results. Winning has it's place, but the survey results are more exciting, and I feel that they last a bit longer. (If you don't know what I'm referring to, take a look at the ECCC website.)

Here are some ideas that I have come up with:

Epic Crashes - Epic crashes while it does hurt, does seem to get people in to the survey.
Things caught on Finish camera - This is a guaranteed way to at least have something caught on film. Just need to make sure that I don't piss Joe off while doing it.

There are bound to be other things that I can do be gain a spot in the survey. Who knows, even this entry will make it into the survey. But that is just wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment